Do Not Upgrade your Java to Java 7!

Started by Saracalia, June 18, 2012, 11:36:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saracalia

I thought I might let everyone know this, because Minecraft does not work with Java 7! (Well, while trying to play Multiplayer) I decided to read this topic on World of Minecraft and it seems to be that you can't connect to any servers on Minecraft Classic.

If you have Java 7, uninstall Java 7 and install the latest Java 6 update. I will post the links below. If you install Java 6 along with Java 7, Trying to connect to the servers will still not work, you must uninstall Java 7

Here is the links for the latest Java 6 update download
Java 6 Update 34

Running Linux Ubuntu?
If you're running Linux, it is easier to go to your software centre and searching for Java. Make sure that you click and install OpenJDK Java Runtime 6

I am not too sure about any other versions of Linux.

Skloosh

I fold my pants because pants is a big deal.

Reichtmueller

I decided as long as I was going to hell, I might as well do it thoroughly.

Juwayyid

I had no prior version of java on my computer, so i installed 7 and it runs minecraft fine.

At first, things would glitch and freeze when i tried to use the shaders mod, but when i removed it everything ran smooth.  no problems for me.
Though not of this world, The Juwayyid finds human kind to be a tolerable enough species to hang around with.

Saracalia

I should just post for now, there aren't much problems with Java 7 to Minecraft Retail, but there is still a few problems with Java 7 to Minecraft Retail, but it does effect more with Minecraft Classic

MRocks21

thank you so much ender! i didn't notice your post down here.
3DS Friend Code: 2020-0616-1278

Please PM me your 3DS FC so we can be friends!

MRocks21

Windows x86 Kernel (32-bit)   0.87 MB     jre-6u32-windows-i586-iftw-k.exe
Windows x86 Online (32-bit)   0.87 MB     jre-6u32-windows-i586-iftw.exe
Windows x86 Offline (32-bit)   16.2 MB     jre-6u32-windows-i586.exe
Windows x64 (64-bit)   16.41 MB     jre-6u32-windows-x64.exe

What do i choose? does it matter? (i'm going to use online use but which one should i use according to my computer?0
3DS Friend Code: 2020-0616-1278

Please PM me your 3DS FC so we can be friends!

Skitty

its based on your os. if its 64 or 32(86). i also have java 7 and it works fine as well.

Shoot for the moon. And if you miss....You'll die horribly in space.

Dwerg

I'm using Java 7 update 4 on x64 and it works perfectly, I can stay connected for many hours without any problem at all, and it's very stable. I have also set Minecraft to use half my RAM (8GB), because it eats RAM like the cookie monster eats cookies. I have not had any trouble on classic either, it's very stable there too.

I would recommend using Java 7 (32 or 64 bit depending on OS), especially if you already have trouble with Java 6. If it doesn't work or makes it worse just uninstall.
Follow these instructions if you are unsure if you have 32 or 64-bit: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827218

For 32-bit choose: Windows x86 Online (32-bit)  (Offline version works just as good)
For 64-bit choose: Windows x64 (64-bit)
Link to Java 7: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jre-7u4-download-1591157.html
(Recommended by the creators of Technic Pack)

http://www.heypasteit.com/clip/015R (copy to text editor for easier reading)

Cameryn11CC

WWHHAATT???? Shit... >:( but it still wrks...4 me...
I'm more ready for a zombie attack thAn getting lost at walmart.